The Zoo Miami mobile app features:
• A GPS enabled map displaying guest’s location and includes a “Near Me” button which lists the Zoo’s animal habitats, concessions, restrooms and more in proximity to the guest’s location.
• The “Calendar” button features a 90-Day Planner that allows guests to create a personalized schedule of upcoming special events.
• The application’s homepage includes useful information such as: “Plan Your Visit”, “Daily Adventures”, “Exhibits & Attractions”, “Become a Member”, “Donate”, “Become a Volunteer” and a special tool called “Friend Finder” that allows guests to locate their friends at the Zoo.
• The “Animals” button provides guests with photos and facts about Zoo Miami animals as well as the option to “Adopt Me” which allows guests to participate in the Zoological Society of Florida’s Adopt-An-Animal program. Some of the animals even have videos.
• The application’s “More” button provides users with helpful information about the Zoo’s social media and FAQ.
To download the application, capture the below QR code with your phone's barcode scanner or search for Zoo Miami in the App Store or Marketplace.
Android QR Code
Zoo Miami is also now offering free Wi-Fi service. The initiative by the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department allows any Wi-Fi enabled smart phone, tablet or computer user, regardless of carrier, to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Zoo Miami guests will have access for two blocks (200 feet) around each one of these areas: Amazon & Beyond’s Village Plaza, the Children’s Zoo, Oasis Grille and around the Zoo Administrative building.